Tegan Smith, BFA - Forensic Animator
Tegan is a Colorado native with a diverse background in both traditional and digital art. She has worked as a professional Mural Painter for Bass Pro Shops, a Character Artist for the video game industry and a Freelance Illustrator for the medical field.
Tegan has a natural curiosity for how things work and for visual problem solving. In her career as a Forensic Animator at Ponderosa Associates she has combined her passion for illustration, 3D-modeling and animation with this curiosity and is able to formulate solutions to best visually communicate complicated scientific and technical information to a variety of audiences.
Prior to joining Ponderosa Associates, Tegan spent several years working in the video game industry. There she honed her skills in 3D modeling and animation. This knowledge combined with the skills she acquired at Ponderosa Associates allowed her to develop a workflow to take 3D laser scan data and turn it into a digital 3D model that could then be 3D printed and put in the hands of the jury.
Tegan loves to take on new challenges and thrives on strategizing new ways to convey information through visuals. She received her Bachelors of Fine Arts from Colorado State University and is currently working toward earning her ACTAR and Medical Illustration certification. She is always looking to expand her skillsets and test out new technology.
When Tegan is not in the office she likes to spend her time outdoors; paddle boarding, hiking, camping or riding her road bike. She also enjoys spending time with her family and friends and her cat, Maggie.
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Animation
- 2D Illustration
- Medical Illustration
- 3D printing
- 3D Laser Scanning
Education and Accreditation
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Colorado State University, 2009
- Drawing and Art History Study Abroad, Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy, 2008
- Sponsored Artist at the Denver Chalk Art Festival, 2010
- Featured Artist at the Denver Rocky Mountain Rod and Custom Show, 2015
- Traditionally trained artist proficient in digital media
- Background in 3D modeling and animation from the video game industry as a Character Artist and Level Designer, 2011-2015
- Professional Mural Painter for Bass Pro Shops, 2009-2010
For inquiries and c.v., please email Tegan.