Robert Hoit, BSCM - Accident Reconstructionist
Robert Hoit began his career in crash reconstruction in 1996. After receiving his BSCM Robert worked in the commercial construction industry as a Project Engineer, Project Manager, Superintendent, and Chief Estimator. With a diverse background in construction he pursued an opportunity in the field of forensic engineering with Knott Laboratory.
In his early career, Robert focused on construction related claims and assisted with investigation of low speed, low severity crashes and case specific forensic testing. He joined Ponderosa Associates in 2000 and has directed his focus to high severity crashes and product liability cases. Robert has completed a number of specialized continuing education courses over his career including Traffic Accident Reconstruction, Child Passenger Safety and downloading of vehicles and heavy truck electronic data recorders.
Robert has lived along the Colorado Front Range for most of his life and enjoys all of the outdoor opportunities that this wonderful area has to offer.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstruction and Causation
- High Severity Impacts
- Multi-Vehicle Impacts
- Pedestrian, Motorcycle, Bicycle Impacts
- Low Severity Impacts
- Airbag control module (vehicle black box) downloads and analysis
- Engine Control Module (heavy truck black box) download and analysis
Education & Accreditation
- B.S. Industrial Sciences, 1988 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Specialized in construction engineering, management, and business
- Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician 2003-2005
- ACTAR Certified
- Forensic science and accident reconstruction since 1996.
For inquiries, please email Robert.