J. Cord Guthrie, CFEI, CVFI - Origin & Cause / Forensic Consultant
J. Cord Guthrie was born and raised in El Dorado, California. After finishing high school and subsequently serving as a full-time missionary in the New England states for two years, he relocated to Fayetteville, Arkansas while attending the University of Arkansas. Cord met his wife in Arkansas and started a family while finishing his undergraduate degree. He and his small family then moved to Greenbelt, Maryland so he could attend George Washington University where he earned a Master’s Degree in Forensic Science. He returned to Arkansas thereafter to find employment with Renfroe Engineering located in Farmington, Arkansas. There, he was trained in accident reconstruction, vehicle dynamics, vehicle testing, and fire origin & cause investigations. After 16 years at Renfroe Engineering (later known as the Engineering Institute) he and his family moved to Colorado to join forces with Ponderosa Associates.
Cord is a licensed Private Investigator in the state of Arkansas, a member of the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI), a member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI). He is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI). Over the years, Cord has attended many training courses and has been professionally trained in accident reconstruction. His work has taken him all over the United States, Mexico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. He has offered expert testimony in a number of cases (fire and non-fire related) and has testified in trial several times as well.
- Origin and cause of fires
- Accident investigation and reconstruction
- Forensic photography
Education and Accreditation
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
- Arkansas Class D Private Investigator
- MFS, Masters of Forensic Science, George Washington University, 2001
- B.A., Pre-Med Psychology, University of Arkansas, 1999
- Working in the field of fire origin and cause, accident investigation and reconstruction, and forensic photography for 16 years
For inquiries, please email Cord.